Before making our thriller, we need to closely find who our target audience will be in order to find out what makes a good thriller.
Our target audience will be from 16 years old and above. We chose this audience as our thriller is suitable for most ages and will not contain many violent or sexual scenes which allows us to have a wider audience. This will enable us to have more freedom with our storyboard in a sense as young children will not be allowed to watch it.
Here is some information about Gender and Genre
1) How many suspense films were released in 2009? How many films were released altogether last year?
2) Action, animation and comedy account fro 52% of Box Office in the UK in 2009. Why do you think these genres are so popular?
3) why do you think Thrillers account fro quite a low proprotion of UK Box Office takings (4% in 2009)?
4) Looking at the 'genre by gender' diagram above, what information can be derived about Thriller audiences and gender?
5) Look at the age certificate for 10 of the films featured on the teaching blog. What does this tell you about Thriller audiences?
UK Cinema going By Genre in 2009.
Here are the figures for the suspense films released in the UK in 2009.